Greetings to all in the precious name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,
“Give thanks in all circumstances, this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus”
The Word of God says in every circumstance give thanks to God. It means we should be thankful to Him in the good times as well as in the bad times. It is not easy to thank God in the midst of a pandemic like what the Earth is experiencing today. You may ask what is there to give thanks to God for.
Reasons to thank God:
(1) God knows the end from the beginning: He is the Alpha and Omega, the one that knows all things and commands that in all things we should give thanks. It is His will for us to give thanks to Him in all circumstances. He is the God of the good times and bad times. 1 Chron: 16:34 “O give thanks unto the Lord; for He is good, for His mercy endureth for ever ''.
(2) God is the owner of life: We lie because God ordains. His breath sustains the living; therefore, the living soul ought to thank God. He is sovereign and does what He wills. He gives life and takes it, who can question Him. Psalm 6: 5 say “No one remembers you when he is dead. Who praises you from the grave?” Only the living can praise and thank God.
(3) Thanksgiving leads to triumph: There is victory in thanksgiving. Jehoshaphat led the Israelites in praise and thanksgiving to God when they were confronted by a mighty army and God delivered them from the hands of their enemies
(2 Chron:20: 21, 22) . Psalm 119: 62 tells us “at midnight I rise to give you thanks for your righteous laws''. When Paul and Silas rose at midnight to praise God in prison, the Lord set them free from their captivity by His mighty power(Acts: 16:25,26).
(4) God will work out something good for those who love Him. There is assurance from the word of God that good will come out of this pandemic. Romance 8: 28 say, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose”. God has a purpose for those that are ‘the called ‘, who have surrendered their lives to God through faith in Jesus Christ. For such people, no pandemic and derail God’s purpose for their lives. God uses such situations to show His mighty power in the lives of His children.
(5) Give thanks for a great miracle is on the way: Jesus, at the grave side of Lazarus gave thanks and Lazarus resurrected from the dead. He also gave thanks in front of a hungry multitude with five loaves and two fish and five thousand were fed, with abandon leftovers (John: 6 : 9 - 12). Let’s give thanks to God, for a great miracle is around the corner. He will bring it to pass by His mercy and for His glory in Jesus name. God is sovereign and is in control of the situation of the Earth. Without His knowledge nothing will happen. He will put an end to the present situation when His purpose is accomplished.
May God bless you all.